Advantages of Nitrous Oxide:
- The desired effect of nitrous oxide can be increased or decreased at any time.
- There is no after effect such as a “hangover”.
- Nitrous Oxide is safe (if you have emphysema, exotic chest problems, M.S., a cold or other difficulties with breathing, you may not be a candidate for nitrous oxide).
- Nitrous Oxide is effective in minimizing gagging.
- Nitrous Oxide works rapidly because it reaches the brain within 20 seconds. Its relaxation and pain-killing properties are noticeable in just two minutes.
For our more anxious patients, Dr. Butterman uses Oral Sedation to reach a deeper level of relaxation. Dr. Butterman received his Dental Conscious Oral Sedation training from Docs Education, and he is certified by the Colorado Board of Dental Examiners to perform oral sedation. While under oral sedation, patients are awake and responsive; however, patients are extremely relaxed and have little sense of time or of the dental procedures that are being performed.
If you’re in or around the Centennial area, contact us to find out how sedation dentistry can put your mind at ease.